Enter Trip Results
After you execute a trip and fill the machines, you have to enter the servicing data that you captured in the system.
To enter trip results go to the Trips screen, select the trip you want to modify and click the Enter Results button.
This step has to be performed only if you are using paper-based data input.
If you are using the VendSoft mobile application, you can skip the manual entering of data. Just press the Upload Trip button, and the data will be automatically transferred.
Enter Trip Results screen has three sections:
List of Machines #
This is the upper section. Here the system displays all machines in the trip
- Machine: machine code and name
- Type: machine type
- Location: name of the location
- Cash Collected: the amount of cash collected. Updated automatically when you enter a value in the machine header section
- Credit Card: the amount of credit card sales. Updated automatically when you enter a value in the machine header section
- Expected: the amount expected. Calculated by the system based on the sales you enter.
- Money Bag: number of the money bag. Updated automatically when you enter the value in the machine header section
- Comments: any notes that the driver has entered while filling the machine.
When you select a specific machine, its detailed data is populated in the sections described below, and you can view and modify it.
Machine Header section #
- Cash Collected: enter here the amount of cash you collected from the machine.
- Added Coins: enter the amount of cash that you added to the machine’s coin mechanism
- Credit Card Sales: enter the sum of sales paid with a credit card. This field is visible if you have enabled the Track Credit Card Sales flag to track the machine’s sales with a credit card.
- Vend Meter: enter vend meter readings value. Below, the system also shows the value and the date of the previous vend meter reading, if any. This field is visible if you have enabled the Track Vend Meter flag to track the machine’s vending meter readings
- Cash Meter: enter cash meter readings value. Below, the system also shows the value and the date of the previous cash meter reading, if any. This field is visible if you have enabled the Track Cash Meter flag to track machine’s cash meter readings
- Comments: enter notes that the driver has entered while filling the machine. Trip comments are temporary and can be used to communicate something from the driver to the dispatcher. You can view the history of the comments using the Comments report and on the mobile app’s History screen.
Machines Details section #
In the bottom section, you can see a list of the selections of the selected machine. The data displayed depends on the machine type because you need to capture different data if you service a soda machine, a bulk machine, or a coffee machine.
Soda Machines #
This is also valid for machines of the following machine types: Soda, Snack, Soda/Snack, Juice, Cigarette, Honor Box, Toy Capsule.
For each selection of the selected machine, you can see the product currently placed inside (column Product), the Last Fill Level of the selection (in column Last count, the inventory in the selection after the last fill), vend price of the product (column Price).
You should enter values in the column Current Count (the number of items in the selection on arrival) and the column Filled (the quantity you put in the selection to fill it up). Entering values in these fields can be done quickly using the Tab key.
When you enter these fields, the values for Sold, Cash and New Count are automatically calculated:
Sold = Last Count - Current Count
New Count = Current Count + Filled
Cash = Sold * Price
A useful shortcut:
If you want to fill the machine to its Last Fill Level, enter values only in the Filled column.
The system will automatically populate columns Sold and Current Count with the following values:
Sold = Filled
Current Count = Last Count - Filled
If you need to enter more detailed information, click the edit Edit icon at the end of the row.
The system will open Edit Selection screen:
Current Count: Enter the number of items on arrival, including Bad and Emptied items.
Bad (discarded): If you have some damaged, spoiled items in the machine, enter their quantity here. This quantity will be written off after you save the trip. The In Machines quantity and Total In-stock quantity for the product will be decreased.
Emptied (returns): Enter here the number of items that you take out of the machine and return to the warehouse. Use this to change the product in this selection or to empty the machine. For example: if you want to change the product in the selection and you return the remaining quantity of the previous product to the warehouse; or if you want to remove a machine from the market and you have to empty it. After you save the trip, the In Machines quantity for the product will be decreased, and the In Warehouse quantity will be increased by the entered value. The Total In-stock quantity for the product will remain unchanged.
Net Remaining: calculated automatically by the system as
(Current Count - Bad - Emptied)
Sold: calculated automatically by the system as
Last Count - Current Count
Filled: enter here the quantity you put in to fill up the selection.
Replacement product: select the new product if you want to change the product in this column. You can type in this field and search the product by code and name. If you change the product, in the list of machine columns column Product will be highlighted in yellow and will display both the new and the old products.
New Price: enter the new vend price here if you want to change it.
New Count: calculated automatically by the system as
Net Remaining + Filled. After you save the trip, the value of Last Fill Level (Last Count) for this selection will be changed to the value in this field.
Example: change product in selection 2
This is the proper way to replace a product in the machine or to alter the product’s vend price.
When you save the trip, the system will update the machine’s configuration with the new products and prices.
Cash Up Front #
For each selection, you should enter values in the column Sold.
For each canister, you should enter values in column Filled Quantity.
Find more info in the article How to manage Bulk inventory in VendSoft.
For Coffee machines you have two tabs with data: one for Ingredients and one for Drinks.
For Ingredient products, the system tracks the inventory, so you have to enter the quantities that you filled in the machine in column Filled:
For Drinks (finished products), the system tracks the sales/income, so you have to enter the number of vends for each drink.
Enter the value in the field New Meter Reading. The system will automatically calculate the value of field Sold as the difference between New Meter Reading and Old Meter Reading.
Column Old Meter Reading holds the value of the meter reading of this selection from the last posted trip for this machine.
You can modify the Sold field and enter a value different from calculated.
Field Amount Expected is calculated based on the value in field Sold, as the sum of
Sold * Vend Price for all selections.
If this is the first trip for the machine, field Old Meter Reading will be empty, so the value for field Sold will not be calculated automatically. You can enter it manually if you have this information.
Next Steps #
After entering trip results, click button save Save. The trip has now moved into state Posted.