The Inventory screen is the place where you can view and manage your products. Here you will see a grid that lists all the available products in the system, the current stock for each of them, and other helpful info.
Columns available in the Inventory grid: #
- Code: product code
- Name: product name
- Type: what kind of product is this. The system offers four predefined product types: Beverage, Food, Hot Drink, and Ingredient, but you are free to create as many custom product types as you need (see how in Create Product Type).
- Units per Case: the number of single units in one case.
- Reorder Point: the stock level of the product in the warehouse below which you should consider making a purchase. See report Inventory to Reorder.
- Total In-stock: total stock of product in the warehouse and in machines.
- In Warehouse: stock in the warehouse.
- In Machines: stock in machines.
- Last Cost: the last cost at which you purchased this product. The cost is per single unit.
- Average Cost: Used to calculate COGS (cost of goods sold). (Profit Loss report, Expenses column in Sales by Product report)
- Status: product status. Possible values are
Inactive. If a product is in status Inactive, it is still visible in the Inventory grid, but it is not displayed in the products list when you create Purchase or when you enter Machine configuration, for example. Product is also excluded from inventory-related reports like Inventory Valuation and Inventory to Reorder. You can easily identify inactive Products as they are marked in grey.
- Barcode: the product barcode.